Full description of the file
Download sample source code and software for reading and creating barcodes in C#
This project is about barcode recognition. This project includes EAN-13, EAN-8, and QR code decoding/encoding.
We need a feature that can recognize EAN-13 and QR-Code from the file. In addition, I needed an algorithm to decode and encode the EAN-13 code and the QR code. I found solutions on the internet about barcode recognition, but they were somehow a bit slow, so I decided to optimize them.
EAN-13, based on the UPC-A standard, was implemented by the International Article Numbering Association (EAN) in
Sample images during barcode executionEAN-13
The steps for calculating the check amount are as follows:
- Consider the rightmost digit of the message in the "odd" position and assign even or odd to each character moving from right to left.
- Add the digits in all odd positions and multiply the result by 3.
- Add the digits in all even positions.
- Add the sum calculated in steps 2 and 3.
- A check digit is a number that, when added to the sum calculated in step 4, becomes a number that is evenly divisible by 10.
- If the sum calculated in step 4 is evenly divisible by 10, the check digit is "0" (not 10).
A QR Code is a matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code) that can be read by QR scanners, camera phones, and smartphones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. Encrypted information can be text, URL or other data.
Sample images during barcode executionQR
Use QR code
QR codes can store very complex information in a small matrix. As awareness grows about how useful they are, we can expect to see them in more public places. Commercial packaging displays codes with detailed nutritional information or links to websites where users can play the latest product-related game or sign up for updates or coupons. In academic applications, QR codes on student tests can help ensure anonymity in grading. QR codes posted next to artwork or in music or theater programs may open up students to forums where they can participate in social discussions about what they've heard or seen. In scientific endeavors, QR codes can replace printed labels. For laboratory work, samples, or drug options, participants' names can be kept confidential.
Dear user, you are offered a download.